Per the Developer Terms of Service
, you may not cache any user data for more than 24 hours, with the exception of information
that is explicitly "storable indefinitely". Only the following parameters are storable indefinitely; all other information must be requested from FatSecret each time.
FatSecret data you can store indefinitely include:
- food_id - the unique food identifier.
- food_entry_id - the unique identifier of the food diary entry.
- serving_id - the unique serving identifier.
- recipe_id - the unique recipe identifier.
- saved_meal_id - the unique saved meal identifier.
- saved_meal_item_id - the unique saved meal item identifier.
- exercise_id - the unique exercise identifier.
In addition, you may store the auth_token and auth_secret.
The storable IDs enable you to keep unique identifiers for FatSecret elements that correspond to data gathered by your application.